बज़्म-ए-शाही

इस बज़्म-ए-शाही में, काश,
एक झरोंखा, और भी होता.. 
जिसका रुख़ हमेशा, 
उस जहाँ की ओर होता..
जो मुफलिसी की आगोश में,
सदियों से जज़्ब है..

इस महल के, मरमरी गलियारे, 
काश, उन अंधेरी गलियों तक भी पहुंचते,
जहां बेघर बच्चे, किसी की हवस का,
आसान सा शिकार हैं बनते..
या, जहां वो कई दिनों की भूख को, 
सस्ते, ज़हरीले नशे से हैं बुझाते..

इस बज़्म का हिस्सा, मैं भी हूं, तुम भी हो,
तो चलो ये झरोंखा, हम मिल कर बनाएं..
ये रास्ता, हम और तुम, मिल कर बनाएं..
सर्माया-ओ-इफ़लास के फासलों को,
जिस हद तक हो सके, उस हद तक मिटाएं..

बज़्म-ए-शाही = बादशाहों के दरबार (I generalized it to: home of the rich, powerful, affluent people to suit my purpose)
झरोंखा = window
रुख़ = face
मुफलिसी = poverty
आगोश = lapped 
जज़्ब = soaked
मरमरी = made from marble
गलियारे = corridors
बज़्म = assembly, group, party (here, I meant, a group of people, who have the capacity to do their bit for this situation)
सर्माया-ओ-इफ़लास = richness and poverty.
फासलों = gap, difference, distance

There is a huge divide between the poor and the rich. I believe that all of us, who can do our bit, to bring down this divide, should do it. At the moment, I am not doing anything on my part, but hope to do it, some day in future. So, this poetry, is, at the moment, from a hollow writer. Nevertheless, I decide to post it. (बज़्म-ए-शाही means बादशाहों के दरबार i.e. kings' palaces)

Thanks to my friend, Nirad (Nirad Vijaykumar Dewalia), who provoked the above thought in me. As he had shared many Urdu words (and their meanings) with me, and asked me to use these in my writing. He especially pointed out the word 'बज़्म-ए-शाही'.

Thanks & salute to those who are  already doing their bit for this purpose.

Thanks for reading. Apologies for my limited English, and, if I have violated the rules of poetry, shayari. 

Thanks to my elder sister Satya (Satya Betai), who's blog gave me the idea that I can use blogs for my poetries.

I have named my blog space as 'pal do pal ke shayar' (instead of pal do pal 'ka' shayar), because, this journey feels more complete, with my friend Nirad. He also writes, and, more than that, he has a great voice. In future, I wish to make an audio narration of this poetry in his voice. If he permits ;-)

Needless to say, as well, that the name is completely inspired by a beautiful song 'main pal do pal ka shayar hu', penned by, the great Mr Sahir Ludhianvi, for movie Kabhi Kabhi.

Thanks to all people in my life - my parents & sister, my masis & nani, under whom I have grown up, my younger brothers and sisters, my friends. Their goodness always influences my thoughts. I hope I am not sounding like a rockstar :D :D

And thanks all those, from whom appreciation is hard to get ;-) As it reminds me about my mediocrity :D
Bye.

- सत्यदेव - मेघ



Comments

  1. ऐसा लग रहा है कि गुरु दुत्तजी की प्यासा फिल्म देख रही हूं। क्या खूब कहा है, दिल की गहराई से...
    इस महल की.....वाला वाक्य मेरा पसंदीदा है...
    Thank God you posted meaning of the urdu words, else I was lost :)
    बहुत बधाई हो भाई ब्लॉग लिखने की 🎉🎊 यूं ही कलम चलाते रहो, शायरी की बौछार करते रहो, यही दुआ है ।।।।। :) ---- सत्या

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D so delighted I am. Thanks sis. Sure will post more. I hope you will like them.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind words buddy. I am humbled 🙏😊. Also just let me know when you want the poetry to be recorded. Again thank you so much for acknowledgment.👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No thanks bro :D. Lets record it when ok for you. But how do I we post audio here is something we must find out.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

मेरा भारत

दरवाज़ा

ज़िन्दगी